ADMISSION GUIDELINE:- 09241570412
Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology (NMIT) is an autonomous engineering college in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. The college is and approved by the AICTE, New Delhi. NMIT offers a four-year graduate programme in engineering leading to the award of the degree Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.). The college postgraduate programmes in
- Master of Computer Applications – MCA,
- M.Tech in -Computer Networking Engineering,Digital Communications &Netwotking Engineering,VLSI & Embedded Systems,Computer Science & Engineering
- Master of Business Administration(MBA),
- M.Tech in Thermal Power Engineering,Machine Design,Structural Engineering
The campus is on a 23-acre (93,000 m2) site in Govindapura, Gollahalli village 3 km from Baglur cross, on the way to Devanahalli airport on Hyderabad-Bangalore NH 7 and it is 25 km from Centre of Bengaluru.
Total area: 23 acres (93,000 m2)
Anaadyanta – NMIT’s techno-cultural fest
The institution hosts its inter-collegiate techno-cultural fest under this banner. It started in 2004 with around 20 events and 19 performing colleges. It has popular attendance from mainly engineering colleges from across the country. It usually takes place for 3 days in the second week of March. 
In 2009 38 events were lined up in two days.
The IEEE Student Branch
They run conferences, seminars, project work on research topics. Activities include:
- Nine students from IEEE, NMIT, have been a part of student leadership congress held at NITK, Surathkal on 13th and 14 October 2007.
- AURA IEEE members and second year students had an industrial visit to CPRI Bangalore.
- Six Members from AURA have been to SJCE, Mysore to participate in Cyberia ’08.
- On 29 November 2007 a Technical Session was held on Mobile Television given by Mr. Prasanth Rao from Motorola.
- Three Members as part of a team presented a paper titled ‘Wireless Surveillance System’ at B.R.V Vardhan Memorial IEEE Bangalore Section paper presentation.
- As part of a team, two NMIT IEEE Members represented IEEE Bangalore Section at the 125th Anniversary Region 10 Student Congress at NUS, Singapore.
- A team of two final-year students won the best paper award at the International Conference on Anti-counterfeiting, Security, and Identification in Communication, in the Communications stream, held during 20–22 August 2009 at Hong Kong.
It has a website developed by its members.
The CSI NMIT Students’ Branch
The Computer Society of India (CSI) inaugurated the NMIT Students’ Branch on 19 May 2008 where Mr. Iqbal Ahmed, the former chairman of CSI Bangalore Chapter, was invited as a chief guest.
Yantra: Nitte Mechanical Engineering Students Association
Yantra was inaugurated in 2003 with a student and staff membership of 80. Today Yantra has more than 500 students and staff members which includes alumni students in India and other countries. Yantra was the first branch in NMIT to come out with its annual magazine MECHZINE even before the college annual magazine in 2004. The Yantra website is www.iyantra.in.
The library has online search facilities, a Book Bank, and an inter-library loan facility with British Council Library, Bangalore and NAL, Bangalore.
Separate hostels for boys and girls are within the campus. The junior boys’ hostel Shambhavi accommodates more than 350 students and the senior boys’ hostels Nandini and Kaveri accommodates over 250 boys in each. The hostel for girls’ Kumardhara and Netravathi accommodate over 250 girls each. NHA, a hostel association of NMIT, organizes sports and cultural events, encouraging the participation of hostelites. Now one more hostel is built named as Souparnika for boys.
The Institute has raised the NCC Signal Coy in 2004. NCC unit at NMIT conducting activities under the leadership of Capt.Rajesh.N, Associate NCC Officer.
Games and sports
Football, cricket, basketball and volleyball courts are available inside the campus. The college hosted SRCA Cricket Tournament in October 2004. The annual inter-collegiate volleyball tournament was held in December 2004. The annual college sports meet was held in June 2005.
Campus Connect is a programme called by Infosys that helps students during the process of recruitment.
Kannada Rajyothsava is conducted annually in November as a part of Kannada Cultural Activity organised by BELAKU. Students and staff take part in the programme which showcases the cultural heritage of Kannada and Karnataka.
Alumni association: Nitte Alumni Association has members across the globe. The annual alumni meet is in July/August. Plans to start Nitte International Alumni are in progress. Members of alumni help and support current students in terms of studies, placement and any other support.