COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Prepare students to find Computer Solutions for the society through research and entrepreneurship with professional ethics.
- To provide competent and responsible professionals in the field of Computer Science and Engineering with knowledge and skills required for the country in its quest for development.
- Inculcate strong theoretical and practical knowledge for continuous learning.
- Prepare students to find Computer Solutions for the society through research and entrepreneurship with professional ethics.
- Encourage team work in inter-disciplines and evolve as leaders with social concerns.
HIGHLIGHTS OF DEPARTMENT
Young, dynamic and energetic faculty.
State of the art facilities for carrying out research in Computer Science & Engineering and allied fields.
Excellent facilities to faculty like latest computer, laptop, laser printer, scanner, high speed internet connection etc.
Excellent infrastructure: building, space, class-rooms, seating arrangements, etc.
Adequate teaching aids like black/white boards, LCD projectors, etc.
Students highly sought by top class industries with good emoluments.
Excellent facilities for imparting training/courses to engineering & other faculty, students, community, etc.
Involvement of faculty members in institutional development work (automation, video conferencing, networking, etc.).
Transparency in academic and administrative processes.
Excellent teaching learning environment.
1) Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics and science, with fundamentals of Computer Science & Engineering to be able to solve complex engineering problems related to CSE.
2) Problem Analysis: Identify, Formulate, review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems related to CSE and reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
3) Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems related to CSE and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural societal and environmental considerations
4) Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use researchbased knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5) Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to computer science related complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
6) The Engineer and Society: Apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the CSE professional engineering practice
7) Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the CSE professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
8) Ethics: Apply Ethical Principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
9) Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary Settings
10) Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as able to comprehend and with write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
11) Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi disciplinary environments
12) Life-Long Learning : : Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning the broadest context of technological change
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
PEO1:Excel in professional career by acquiring knowledge in cutting edge technology and contribute to the society as an excellent employee or as an entrepreneur in the field of Computer Science & Engineering.
PEO2:Continuously enhance their knowledge in par with the development in IT industry and pursue higher studies in computer science & engineering.
PEO3:Exhibit professionalism, cultural awareness, team work, ethics, effective communication skills and apply their knowledge in social, environmental problems and computer technology.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES(PSOS)
1) Ability to understand, Analyze and implement programs in programming languages, as well apply concepts in core areas of Computer Science
2) Ability to use Computational skills in Mathematics, Algorithms and apply software knowledge to develop projects based on architecture of the system, data analysis to solve Real world problems.
3) Ability to participate in Teams and use computer knowledge in various domains to become successful Entrepreneur.