ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 1999 with an intake of 60 students and now the strength is 120 with an additional 10% as a lateral entry in the second year. The focus of the department is to produce graduates with strong fundamentals in electronics and communication domain. The course is an outcome based structured to help students to achieve this goal.
- To achieve academic excellence and to promote research in Electronics and Communication imbibed with professional skills, ethical values to meet industry and societal needs.
- To impart quality technical education with the state-of-the-art technologies to produce industry ready engineers.
- To provide a conducive learning and interactive environment with emphasis on entrepreneurial development skills.
- To promote industry-institute collaborations for research and development.
- To train the students in developing and applying technology for the betterment of society with ethical values.
HIGHLIGHTS OF DEPARTMENT
The faculties here are highly accomplished with post graduation and doctoral degrees. They have specializations in the areas of Communications, Microwaves, VLSI, VHDL, Digital signal processing etc. For the faculty in the department of ECE, teaching is more of a passion than profession. We not only create well-educated students, but they also acquire awareness about the changing world scenario in the field of electronics and communication engineering. The department is headed by Dr. Sudha P N, who has spent all the years of her career in the field of education.
All laboratories are modernized, well equipped and well established. A variety of trainer kits are provided in all the laboratories to conduct experiments. Well-qualified and experienced instructors are also appointed to train the students in the laboratory.
The undergraduates from this department have become professional engineers, employed both in core and software companies. They are well represented at core companies, such as Robert Bosch, Wipro RandD and as well as smaller start-up companies. They have become successful Software developers and Managers in the leading software companies, such as Infosys, Cognizant Technology Solutions, HCL Technologies, TCS, Mahendra Satyam, IGate and etc. Many of our students pursue higher education to obtain MS, MBA and PhD degrees in foreign universities. Also, Some of the undergraduates working in Public sector units, such as BSNL, NAL, DRDO, ISRO, BHEL, BEL and etc.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
1) Excel in professional career by acquiring knowledge in Mathematics, Electrical, Electronics and Communication principles.
2) Motivation to pursue higher Education and research by adopting technological innovations and by involving in continuous learning.
3) To inculcate effective communication skills, team work, ethics and leadership qualities.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
1) Graduate should be able to understand the fundamentals in Electronics fields and apply the same to various areas like Signal processing, Embedded systems, Communication and semiconductor technology.
2) Graduate will demonstrate the ability to design, develop solutions for Electronics and communication Engineering problems using hardware and software tools.
3) Graduate will have successful career/ able to show-case the entrepreneurship skills with the social awareness and ethical responsibilities.