- • In 2002, M. Tech in Digital Electronics and Communication was started.
- • M. Tech Software Engineering was started in the year 2003.
- • The year 2004 witnessed starting of three M.Tech programs namely Computer Applications in Industrial drives, Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Digital Communications.
- • ISO 9001 Certification was conferred on MSRIT in the year 2000 and re certifications were obtained in the years 2003, 2007 and 2010.
- • MSRIT voluntarily submitted applications to the NBA for the accreditation of several of its major UG programs. After assessment, in February 2001, NBA accorded accreditation to all the major departments of the Institute for their UG programs. Since then the Institute has been consistently participating in the accreditation process.
- • MSRIT participated in and successfully completed Phase I of TEQIP, Technical Education Quality Improvement program, an initiative of the Government of India with funding from World Bank. MSRIT has been selected to participate in Phase II of TEQIP also under sub – component 1.2 with focus on PG Education and Research.
- • Visvesvaraya Technological University granted Autonomous Status to MSRIT, for both UG and PG Programmes, in the year 2007 and the same was approved by UGC also.