To create competent, disciplined quality Engineers and administrators of global standards in Civil Engineering with capability of accepting new challenges.
To impart quality education in civil engineering.
To serve society by providing professional civil engineering leadership to find solution to community, regional and global problems and accept new challenges in rapidly changing technology.
To create competent professionals who are trained in the design and development of civil engineering systems and contribute towards research & development activities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Graduates will become leaders in the industries associated with civil engineering and become professional entrepreneurs. They will be experts working in public sector, private sector, and international organizations.
- Graduates will engage in continual learning by pursuing advanced degrees or additional educational opportunities through coursework, professional conferences and training, or participation in professional societies.
- Graduates will adapt to different roles and responsibilities in multidisciplinary environment by respecting professionalism and ethical practices. They will contribute to the well-being of the society and environment through responsible practice of engineering profession.
Program Outcomes (POs):
The student graduating out of this programme will have the,
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering (apply knowledge).
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data for civil engineering applications (experiment analysis).
- Ability to select or identify a civil engineering system, model, analyzes and designs it sufficiently (design/development of solution).
- Ability to identify appropriate performance criteria and solution methodologies to engineering problems and creatively apply appropriate methodologies to solve problems (conduct investigation of complex problems).
- Ability to apply appropriate codes and state-of-the-practice analytical and design tools for the design of civil engineering systems and components (modern tool usage).
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context (engineer and society).
- Ability to design and construct sustainable systems by considering various environmental issues (environment and sustainability).
- Ability to identify ethical concerns and to make decisions for the safety of the public (ethics).
- Ability to lead and follow in a in an interdisciplinary team (individual and team work).
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal forms (communication).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the engineering and management principles to manage projects (project management and finance).
- Ability to expand acquired knowledge through self-learning and appreciates the importance of self-improvement for maintaining and expanding one’s capabilities (life-long learning).
Programme specific outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Identify the broad context of civil engineering problems, including describing the problem conditions, identifying possible contributing factors, and generating alternative solution strategies.
- Design the fundamental elements of civil engineering systems, system components and processes, with a good understanding of associated safety, quality, schedule and cost considerations.
- Undertake laboratory, field and other data collection efforts using commonly used measurement techniques to support the study and solution of civil engineering problems.
- Employ mathematics, science, and computing techniques in a systematic, comprehensive, and rigorous manner to support the study and solution of civil engineering problems.
- Synthesize analysis results to provide constructive and creative engineering solutions that reflect social and environmental sensitivities.
- Exhibit good teamwork skills and serve as effective members of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Articulate and justify technical solutions to diverse audiences through oral, written, and graphical communication.