- Concepts of Computing Discipline: To educate undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students in the fundamental and advanced concepts of computer science and engineering.
- Quality Research: To equip students with a strong theoretical and practical background across the Computer Science and Engineering disciplines, with an emphasis on computing technologies, quality research, consultancy and training.
- Continuous Teaching-Learning: To promote a teaching-learning process, that brings advancements in the Computer Science and Engineering discipline leading to new technologies and products.
- Social Responsibility and Ethical Values: To inculcate professional behaviour, innovative research capabilities, leadership abilities and strong ethical values in young minds, so that they work for the betterment of the society.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- If you have a flair for logical thinking
- If you wish to develop the ability to analyse and make things work
- If Programming, Design and Network Efficiency are close to your heart
- If your goal is to excel in your chosen field
- If you are looking for faculty who will hand hold you right through your period of study
Then, you have come to the right place!
ACCREDITATION, APPROVALS, AND RECOGNITION
- Approved by AICTE
- Affiliated to VTU
PROMINENT FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- The School of Computer Science and Engineering imparts world class education in the computing discipline. Its organisational structure is designed in order to enable a dynamic response to the constant evolution of computing technology and related research.
- State-of-the-art computing facilities give students an edge in the competitive employment market.
- The School has its own library equipped with the latest books, magazines, and research journals in the fields of Computer Science and Engineering.
- The School is actively engaged in industry-academic partnerships and collaborations, and constantly works to identify areas of interest to industry.
- Students in the School maintain a chapter of the Computer Society of India (CSI) which organises quizzes, guest lectures, seminars, workshops, and coding events. The Chapter won the best student branch of the CSI for region V (karnataka and Andhra Pradesh) in the year 2013.