Fergusson College, Pune
Fergusson College, Pune was set up for functioning from the year 1895 by the Deccan Education Society. It is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University. This nation-building institution provides a plethora of degree courses at both, UG and PG level. Apart from the degree courses, the college also offers special courses, vocational courses, certificate courses and PhD programs for the students.
The academic programs offered by the college at UG level are B.A. in 15 subjects whereas B.Sc. in 13 subjects all under Arts and Science faculty. It offers M.A. in 4 subjects of Arts stream whereas M.Sc. in 14 subjects. At the Doctorate level, the college offers students PhD in English, Botany, Environmental Science, Electronic Science and Physics.
|Established |Institute Type||1895 | Private, Autonomous Institution|
|Affiliation||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Courses Offered||B.A., B.Sc., B.Voc., M.A., M.Sc., PhD|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based |Entrance-Based|
|Facilities||Science and Computer laboratories, Language laboratories, Amphi-theatre, Gym, Playgrounds and Hostels|
Fergusson College, Pune, Admission
Admissions to BA, B.Sc, B.Voc, and Certification courses are purely merit-based.
The admissions for MA and M.Sc. programs are provided in a 50:50 ratio on the basis of merit and entrance.
For Ph.D admissions, candidates must have secured valid marks in the entrance examination.
How to Apply?
Fergusson College is following the online mode for undertaking admissions of students in the year 2020. The applicants have to submit their applications online only. The process for the same is:-
- Open up the official website of the college
- Click and open the Admissions link or the menu
- Download the admission form
- Fill in the required details carefully
- Upload all the required forms for verification
- Pay the application fee of ₹500 through a verified payment gateway via online banking/debit/credit card (only online transactions acceptable)
- Aadhar Card
- Marksheet of high school/senior secondary
- Graduation/Post graduation marksheet
- Entrance Test Result Card
- Transfer certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (if applicable)
- GAP Certificate
- Proof of Parent’s employment in Defense Forces (if applicable)
Fergusson College, Pune, Placement
Fergusson College is the leading college in Pune under Savitribai Phule University that is convinced of the need for the spread of western knowledge, as an urgent need of Indian society. Placements at college are very good for the science field, it started with CS/IT and now Microbiology, Science, Biotechnology, EVS, Data Science, and many more academic programs are involved at college.
Fergusson College, Pune | Fees, Courses & Eligibility
|BA||₹9,355 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|B.Sc||₹11,135 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|M.Sc||₹50,780 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|M.A||₹9,680 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|B.Voc||₹40,650 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
Fergusson College, Pune | Facilities
- Spacious Classrooms:- The college has spacious and properly ventilated classrooms wherein various conventional teaching aids can be used for lectures.
- Laboratories:- The college has a total of 52 laboratories for general studies and programs while 15 are exclusively for research purposes.
- Other Teaching/Learning Facilities:- There are other learning centers and laboratories for language studies, computer laboratories and other IT zones giving the facility of internet connectivity to the students.
- Amphi-theatre/Audio Visual Halls:- The college also owns its amphi-theatre and 13 other audio visuals halls for hosting extra-curricular activities for the students.
- Accommodation: The College has six separate hostels for both boys and girls inside the college campus. The hostels are monitored and looked after by the wardens. The hostels have the capacity to hold 441 boys and 230 girl students. The facilities provided to the students in hostels are mess, medical facilities, and open guest rooms for parents, gymnasium (for girls), television, security cameras and CCTV etc.