Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is a 3-year professional undergraduate course in Business Management, the minimum eligibility for which is class 12th from a recognized educational board with minimum score of 50% marks. The course is divided into six semesters and comprises variants like BMS, BBM and BBS. It can also be pursued through Correspondence/ Distant learning modes and admission to the same is based on entrance tests carried out by different colleges and universities.
Some such entrance tests conducted by respective universities for admission into BBA course are:
- AIMA UGAT
BBA course equips you with the right knowledge and skills in business and management and impart knowledge of the principles which are perfect for a career in the corporate world. A degree in Business Administration solidifies your base for your future Business and management career goals. Successful graduates of this course can opt for a range of jobs from sectors like finance, marketing, sales, management, government and education.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 1 lakh to 2.5 lacs. Some of the top institutes which provide admission to candidates into the 3-year program are as follows:
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Indore
- Christ University, Bangalore
- University of Delhi
- NMIMS University, Mumbai
- Symbiosis International University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Sikkim Manipal University
Financial Analyst, Business Development Executive, Project Manager (IT), Data Analyst, Human Resources (HR) Manager, Marketing Executive etc. are some such profiles which successful graduates interested in pursuing job can opt for. The average monthly salary offered to them would vary between INR 10,000 – 15,000 depending on the organisation and candidate’s expertise in the field.
BBA: Course Highlights
Some of the major highlights of the course have been mentioned below.
Course Level: Undergraduate
Duration: 3 years
Examination type: Semester
Eligibility: 10+2 from a recognized educational board
Admission Process: Entrance exam based
Course Fee: INR 1 to 2.5 lacs
Average Starting Salary: INR 1.5 to 2 lacs
Bachelor of Business Administration is one of the most sought after bachelor degree programs after class 12th.
It includes complete knowledge of leadership and management. The course can be pursued either Full-Time or Part-Time i.e. through Correspondence or Distance Education, depending on one’s preference. The maximum duration of the course is 5-years for those who wish to pursue it through correspondence or distance-learning mode.
BBA degree allows candidates to enter into the field of management and teaches them various aspects that are necessary for effective business management. The course is designed in a way to train students effectively in management education and communication skills which further inculcates entrepreneurship skills. It also gives you a platform for pursuing courses like MBA. To do well in this field, students must possess leadership qualities, decisional making skills, good oral and written communication skills.
The course methodology involves training through practical experience in the form of case studies, projects, presentations, industrial visits and interaction with experts from the industry. Hence, BBA graduates have an edge over other graduates and get direct entry into the corporate world.
Top Colleges or Universities offering BBA
Following is a list of top institutes offering Bachelor of Business Administration course along with their location and average annual fees.
Top College for BBA & City
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore
- Christ University Bangalore
- University of Delhi
- NMIMS University Mumbai
- Symbiosis International University Pune
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Delhi
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Lovely Professional University
- Bharti Vidyapeeth University
Eligibility for BBA Course :
Interested aspirants for the course need to fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Completion of HSC (10+2 level) from a recognized educational board
- English as one of the subjects at HSC
- Minimum aggregate score of 50% to 60% at 10+2 level of education
Students who have appeared in HSC examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
BBA Course: Admission Procedure in various Colleges & Universities
Admission to the course is generally entrance exam based. The entrance tests are organized at national, state or university level by various authorities. A merit list is prepared on the basis of qualifying examination or entrance examination.
Most of the colleges conduct separate entrance exam for admission to BBA course. Some of the entrance exams conducted for BBA course are as follows:
- AIMA UGAT – AIMA Under Graduate Aptitude Test (UGAT) is a national level examination conducted annually by All India Management Association (AIMA). It is conducted to screen capable candidates for admission in various courses such as BBA, BCA, Integrated MBA, BHM, B. Com etc.
- SET – SET or Symbiosis Entrance Test is a common test conducted by Symbiosis International University for admission in undergraduate courses in the fields of Law, General, Design, Engineering and Health Science.
- IPU CET – IPU CET (IP University Common Entrance Test) is a university level entrance exam conducted for admission to 60 undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses.
BBA: Selection Procedure through Correspondence mode
There is no such selection procedure for candidates who choose to pursue the course through correspondence mode. The admission through entrance exam culminates into a final evaluation of the candidate on the basis of following:
Criteria: Weight (%)
Qualifying Examination: 50
Entrance Test: 40
G.D. & P.I: 10